Tuesday, July 04, 2006

It's Over...

No more pencils
No more books
No more teacher's
Dirty looks

School's out for summer
School's out forever
School's out with fever
School's out completely

Twenty years of fighting the system and it's over. I still can't believe it, it doesn't feel real! It hasn't left me with the "what do I do now" feeling yet. I feel like I know exactly what I should do and almost certainly how to do it. The joy of now having a music degree is the flexibility of where and when to find work. My bigger priority at the moment is getting out of school associated debt and becoming what I affectionately call a "real person". I'm almost more excited about not knowing where the work will take me, or how successful I might be in life. I haven't even had my traditional absolute melt down yet, but that can be solved with an evening of Gladiator and Saving Private Ryan back to back.
Allie and co. came for the weekend to visit on family business, and what an amazing visit it was!! I never realized I could accommodate for six people in my apartment, but it can be done ;) I can't believe how much Ella has grown! As one of many gifts my sister bestowed upon me were the supplies necessary to complete my next stitching project. I'm so excited I can barely contain myself :P
Jessie did me a great favour and had me hired as a substitute in the Daycare she works in. I was definitely hesitant at first, but it's a great working environment. I'm working with the older kids which makes it a piece of cake. They're so cute! And it means being able to spend time with Jess on a daily basis till my vacation *Wuhoo*!

2 Comments:

Blogger Country Girl said...

Yay Thing!!! I'm so proud of you!
I can't wait to come there. And you can melt on me, if you need to ;)
xoxoxoxo

5:56 am  
Blogger Country Parson said...

Your mother and I are very proud of you! And we love you very much. xoxox

8:04 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home