Wednesday, April 30, 2008

Trip Overseas

As a means of celebrating my Father's life with all our Canadian friends and family, we arranged a memorial service at the Cathedral in Montreal on April 10, 2008. Mum, Sarah and I flew over on the 8th, thanks to very generous friends in a class other than economy! The service went well and it gave us the opportunity to see people we all haven't seen in many years! Jim, my Godfather is a slight exception since I had a wonderful time over an authentic tea before I left for the UK in January. It was nice to have another meal with him, this time with Mum! The two have been fast friends for decades and have decided it's time to start collecting poached egg strainers made of china. While we were in Montreal we were treated to manicures and pedicures at Esthétique Spa 2000 in Kirkland. Ah, the luxury!
After Montreal we traveled to various parts of Ontario to, again see friends and family. Above is three generations of female dominance! Another dominance in our family is the musical gene. It was wonderful to hear my oldest niece practicing piano every morning for her first exam in June. It was interesting being on the other side of the lessons!Thanks to my older Sistor I am now a Wii addict! Above you can see I'm "helping" Paige bowl... She dominated our game of Cow Racing though... One game I became surprisingly addicted to was the Sims game. At first glance I thought it would be ridiculous, but two weeks of playing it later and I was obsessed with getting Essences and building things... I'm looking forward to one day getting my own little Wii ;)
The trip was jam-packed with other adventures too, but I didn't seem to be as camera happy as I have been in the past...
I had two wonderful evenings with Mark's parents and siblings, comparing notes on his methods of approaching various life situations such as ironing shirts. We made sure that I had one suitcase completely full of sporting equipment to take back for him. We spent most of one evening looking for one thing, which we then thought was in the UK only to find now we can't find it on either continent! Another evening when Allie picked me up, she had all three of the girlies with her. I think after that brief introduction Mark's parents were very grateful for only raising little boys!!
While we were there we celebrated both Sarah and Allie's birthdays. This was the first cake Mum has made for Allie "in as long as she could remember"! Sarah, Al and I spent most of Allie's birthday at the Toronto Green Living show. Actually we spend most of it sitting in traffic on the DVP... we finally got there at about 5pm and walked around until they closed at 9pm. We collected everything from knowledge, to reusable bags to a white pine sapling! So many stalls, so much information, SO many free samples!! We rested our feet at the Green Eggplant for dinner. It was a great atmosphere and wonderful food!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home