Friday, November 04, 2005

Physio


The healing of my ankle continues... I had a physiotherapist appointment yesterday where the questions the "Ultimate Physio" (aka Mummy) couldn't answer, were answered. My first question involved the severity of my sprain considering the reaction of both the radiologist and the physio to the swelling of the affected area. Apparently their reaction had more to do with the fact that skin over the maleolis was red an sensitive to the touch. Secondly my physio concluded that I sprained the anterior tolafibular ligament and (less severely) the calcaneofibular ligament. At least I left one ligament intact! As part of trying to get the swelling down and disperse the bruising, I underwent a non-heated ultrasound. Apparently my bruises could then be more "sparkly"!
If spraining my ankle wasn't enough, the evil paper writing gods decided that because all papers were now finished, it was a perfect time to give me a cold... *sniff*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home