Recent Posts |
Archives |
|---|---|
|
|
Very First Project |
The Pandas |
|---|---|
![]() This piece was stitched under the careful supervision of Mrs. Leece at Upper Heyford C.E Primary School. |
![]() These adorable creatures were created while on holiday in the EU with my Father. |
Celtic Christmas |
The Pansy Sampler |
![]() This Angel began my addiction to Lavender & Lace patterns. The pattern and supplies were given to me by my Aunt Loraine. |
![]() This pattern was adapted from Thea Dueck's pattern, on the occasion of my older Sister's wedding. |
The Ice Angel |
The Serenity Prayer |
![]() After a bit of a challenge, my sister announced they were expecting their first baby. I thought an Angel would be the most appropriate gift.
Since she was due in the winter, this Angel was even more perfect for little Morgan. |
![]() Designed by D. V. Giampa. Not the most enjoyable piece to stitch, but effective when completed. |
The Angel of the Morning |
The Angel of Light |
![]() I fell in love with the colour combinations of this Angel. When she was finished, it was clear she was for my little sister. |
![]() The inspiration to sew this Angel for my Mother came as soon as I saw the little village she was flying over.
It was also chosen by my Mum because of the green robes, which is her favourite colour. |
Beaded Wedding Sampler |
The Angel of the Sea |
![]() Designed by Needlepoise and was chosen for the wedding of friends while visiting the UK with Evan. |
![]() Since my first niece was given an Angel at her birth, it was only fair that Paige should receive one too. Because my sister's hair is not blonde,
I felt it more appropriate to stitch this Angel with brown hair. |
Nantucket Rose |
The Angel of Hope |
![]() Despite not being an Angel, this pattern touched me in a very homely and ancestral kind of way. |
![]() During the course of my degree, I was inspired to stitch this Angel because she seemed so musical and calming. My favorite colour
also happens to be blue. |
The Lady of the Thread |
In the Arms of an Angel |
![]() This pattern remains a mystery to me. She is supposed to be stitched on black linen, but I stitched her on bright white and added a
treasure braid to the white of her dress.
|
![]() To date, one of my crowning achievements. I stitched her specifically at the request of my sister when I unexpectedly became an Aunt
again to little Ella. After stitching 75% of her, I disliked the colour combinations SO much I tore most of it out and added my own
colours. I mixed her sisters' Angels and Celtic Springs' colours for the final result. |
The Faith Sampler |
Another Pansy Sampler |
![]() My parents celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2005. I modified this pattern to reflect this occasion. |
![]() This sample was modified and stitched one over one for my cousin's wedding. |
The Angel of Love |
Mother's Tree |
![]() I had not in fact planned to stitch an Angel for my Father, but instead a cope shield. Since that project will take a few years still, this
Angel called out to be stitched. She is 90% beads...
|
![]() I was moved by the sentiment of this pattern. How many times do you find a family tree devoted specifically to the maternal
heritage? |
The Angel of Freedom |
The Angel of Grace |
![]() This Angel is the second of two that I have now stitched for my Mum. She is the mirror image of the Angel of Light. I had to convince
my Mum to let me stitch her because she feared when the two were hung together they would fly into each other.
|
TBA |




















2 Comments:
She's alive!!!
Looking forward to seeing you in a few weeks :D
xoxoxoxox
Ditto the above comment (not really, for we have been in touch)! But it's good to read of all the things you've been up to. We are really looking forward to seeing you soon! Lots of love! xoxox
Post a Comment
<< Home