It began Saturday morning when I participated in the
Chalgrove Music Weekend Coffee and Concert. I decided to choose a program that challenged the boundaries I had created for myself musically. Instead of sticking with the usual Sacred repertoire, I ventured (for half the concert anyway...) into the world of Schubert Lieder.

The other half was a mixture of arias from Bach's
St. John Passion, two duets for Bass and Soprano from a one of Bach's cantatas, as well as arias by Dowland and Purcell. One of the major organizers and also my duet partner was Bass-Baritone Jonathan Arnold. Jonathan is a living saint! THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR EVERYTHING!!!

It was nice to have my fan club in attendance (both above and below... Don't get jealous now!!). I don't think it was my singing that brought them all to the concert though, it was the endless coffee and cakes served through out the whole event.

The excitement of this huge concert that I had been preparing for since January was short lived however. It was only the first of two concerts I had to sing on Saturday. After a fabulous lunch with all the above fans, Mark and I went into Oxford for the
Oxford Bach Choir's Summer Concert. The choir had it's dress rehearsal in the afternoon for three hours followed by an hour for dinner and the two hour concert. It was a VERY LONG day! Especially considering I had been singing from 7am-9:30pm!!
Saturday evening's concert was not to be the last concert... I had agreed to sing the Soprano arias in the Chalgrove performance of the Messiah on Sunday the 15th. It was a very enjoyable experience!! Both days were filled with so much fun and excitement, I would almost be crazy enough to say I'd do it again tomorrow!! Almost... :P
1 Comments:
mmm....cake......
xox
Post a Comment
<< Home