Tuesday, July 01, 2008

New Apartment

As of Sunday Mark and I live in a village surrounded by cafes and regatta crews...The apartment is typical for it's surrounding, ie it's smallish. I don't think it is any smaller than my last apartment though, it's just arranged differently.
One amazing difference is, however that it is clean, fresh, bright and no little children running next to any windows!!
Best of all it has an enclosed patio and garden that we do not have to share with the people who live upstairs.
It is strange in its design. To blend in the area it is a house that has been specifically built for two independent apartments.
The rules as a tenant are much more strict than what I was used to in my first place, so we're minding ourselves a little more than I might have before. One of the rules is of course, no pets. We were warned when we signed the lease that the previous tenant used to feed one of the neighbours' cats and we had to watch the doors as the cat would run in and hide. I think I just met that cat this morning! I went to hang laundry and was startled to see a black and ginger chubby cat running at me meowing. I assessed it wasn't dying of starvation and ignored it. I ate my lunch outside and it came running back again. It dawned on me that the cat had been trained by the sound of the back door opening to come running! It think it's still sun bathing on the patio waiting for me to come out again...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home