Monday, March 06, 2006

What a Birthday treat!


This weekend can only be described as a whirlwind of events! Especially considering Saturday was my 24th birthday :P I had tentatively been asked on Tuesday evening to be a ringer in a concert in Providence. The concert was to be on Saturday and the Dress rehearsal the night before. Supposedly the latest I'd hear whether I'd have to treks down should have been Thursday. As it happens I didn't hear from the conductor that night. I had just finished singing in a school concert and phoned friends who had just finished rehearsing, to go out and do something. Something in the back of my mind told me not to go crazy partying, but just to have a good time. I ended up leaving relatively early and didn't set any alarms. At 8:30am Friday morning I got a phone call saying "Are you up?!" Of course I wasn't so I said as much... I was then told to start packing and that I was going to be on the next flight to Boston. Apparently the Soloist had cancelled that morning and I was to be the replacement. The whole experience was such a blast!!!I arrived in the nick of time to sing for a four hour dress rehearsal in Providence. I was then invited to stay with a wonderful couple, the wife of whom reminded me of my aunt. After doing a bit of note revision on Saturday morning I went for an amazing walk in the New England sun shine. The concert itself went well (all things considering) in front of an audience of about 700 people. That night I took the bus back with the conductor to Montreal so we could perform at church early the next morning. Both of us were a little worse for wear, it was a difficult ride home! But we did it none the less ;)

1 Comments:

Blogger Country Parson said...

What a lovely adventure. Many more of the same!

5:18 am  

Post a Comment

<< Home