Thursday, January 10, 2008

Baking Week

Attention one and all: for the very first time in my life I have successfully made pastry! I wanted to bake a tortiere before leaving Canada, but I realized to do that I would have to overcome my fear of potentially killing people with pastry. It actually turned out really well!! All who partook gobbled it up including picky eaters.As I was preparing the filling, the smell of browning meat and onions filled the air and I was chopping vegetables I suddenly got a strange sense of dejas-vu when the theme song for Disc drive came on Radio 2 at 3pm...As well as exploring the more exotic side of cooking, Allie and I decided to make cinnamon rolls to practice the old favorites from home. They too turned out amazingly as well! They certainly didn't last long in this house... So when more are made there will need to be multiple batches.It's hard to believe that by this time next week Mark and I will be on a completely different continent making our first steps in the exploration of all that the UK holds for us. It's been a long process, but certainly one I wouldn't have been able to do without the support of family and friends. I am anxious to begin the pursuit of all the music I can get my hands on!
Clarity must be finally reaching the fog of my brain because I started another large cross stitch project. The last one I completed was the Angel for Mum this summer. This one will take significantly longer but will be well worth it when it is completed!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home