Wednesday, August 20, 2008

Summer?!

Apparently summer has come and practically gone in the blink of an eye. The worst of it being that I think I can count the number of sunny and warm days since May on one hand!When the sun has come out, it tends to appear in our back garden. This of course lead me to the inevitable conclusion that our garden has a weather system of its own... As you can see from the picture above, the sun is actually peeking out from behind some fluffy looking clouds.However, had you been looking out the front windows on the same day these black clouds were all that could be seen for miles. It confuses me to no end, especially when I choose to do laundry and need to hang it outside!
When we moved into our little abode, it came with a ready made, easy to tend garden. The simplicity is fabulous, except I despise the palm tree looking things... Nothing I can really do about it as it's a rental and I don't feel like replanting anything for the short term. I've mastered the art of weeding on a 60 degree angle though, since our garden is part of a larger incline.
The one thing I have chosen to let run rampant, from an empty plot of land behind our garden is either raspberry or blackberry vine-like tentacles. This is partly because they are something to distract me from the hideous palm branches and secondly because I don't seem to have any gardening implements of sharpness to hack them off. The plant in the picture above is in the very center of the lawn and is thriving since we don't need to cut the grass. It is mind boggling really, but since it seems happy, I see no reason to evict it! However if it fails to give me berries at the end of the summer it will likely be... um... removed...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home