Sunday, May 24, 2009

Isle of Wight

One of the many things I do as a singer is to deputise (or for a Canadian Sub) for some of the Oxford and London choirs. Last year I was invited to sing for the Queen's College Patronal service in St. Michael and All Angels, Weyhill, Hampshire. This year I was again invited to sing for another Queen's Patronal service, this time at St. Mary the Virgin, Carisbrooke, Isle of Wight.Having never been to the Isle of Wight before, I was just as excited at being on the ferry as all the little children! I sat right at the top and watched as the islands casually floated by until it was time to disembark. Our journey totalled three hours there and three hours back, it was like spending just a day in Kingston...While in Carisbrooke, the choir hiked up to the Castle and wandered around the outside in the bright sunshine and then slowly trickled down to the pub for a little socializing in the garden before the service.The church was absolutely packed since Queen's is patron to 21 churches, it has been has been a very long time since their last visit!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home