Thursday, November 12, 2009

Timber!

Until recently, there was a maple tree in the back yard... However as it committed the grieves offence of growing too tall and shading the vegetable garden, its life was forfeit.

The process of felling began at about 8:30am, but as I am not currently covered by any kind of provincial health care (THANKS OHIP!!) I joined the party after the tree came down, about two hours later. Also because of my affliction, my assistance was limited to bundling twigs with string, so as not to inflict too much injury on my person. I only got whacked with a branch once...

However, in light of the recent acquisition of the appropriate head gear, it was agreed that I could hold any and all sharp or motorised objects under careful supervision, as long as it was limited to the duration of a taking pictures (and not on).

Remarkably, from the time the tree fell to the last bit of raking, the whole process only took about six hours or so including a break for lunch. The logs were all piled at the front of the house and the twigs were to be collected on Monday by the local twig shredding people. Within two hours of all the wood being out front, someone came to the door to ask for permission to take it all. I could not believe it!! I was still sore two days later...

1 Comments:

Blogger Country Girl said...

Did you sell the wood to the dude? A Cord of wood is valuable :) Nice....pose, by the way....You didn't learn that from Dad, did you? :)

6:53 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home