Wednesday, March 31, 2010

Knitting Projects

As a means of expanding my creative repertoire, I decided in light of the impending arrival of another niece, to knit a little sweater, hat and blanket. Thanks to Mark, I found a fantastic knitting store and found a pattern which inspired me. Little did I know that I was picking one of the more challenging types of wool to work with... All I knew was that I liked the pattern!
Despite taking a lot longer to finish the whole project, I learned all sorts of various techniques for casting on, cabling, and blocking. I was very satisfied with the finished product!
My next project is a Sirdar sweater for myself. When working on the blanket Mark turned to me as said something like -it is amazing that you can take a ball of wool and two sticks and turn it into a blanket! It struck me that I should then therefore, for all future projects take a picture of all the wool needed to complete a project.
Above is thirteen of the fourteen of the balls needed for my ribbed sweater. In a matter of a day I have already used up a whole ball on the left sleeve... Now onto ball two!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home