Friday, August 10, 2007

Musical Journey

Last weekend I traveled to Ottawa to be part of the final three concerts of the Ottawa Early Music Festival. Although it was a great opportunity to sing with great musicians, it was hard to pry myself from this gorgeous hotel room! There was a problem with my original booking, but eventually I was happily checked into the Indigo. This chain of hotels is owned by a bigger one, but is completely eco-friendly. I hope other hotels in the future take as much care and consideration towards both the environment and the guests.
Both concerts I sang in, involved not only an incredible level of musicality but we were fortunate enough to work with Nancy Argenta, Jame Bowman, Adrian Butterfield, Matthew Halls and Daniel Taylor. Oh, the power of name dropping! It was a great experience watching these international superstars at work.
On Wednesday I was also part of a recoding session involving most of these musicians. I'm not sure what the CD will be called or when it will come out, but I will be sure to keep everyone informed to the best of my abilities. It has been excruciatingly hot here for the last couple of weeks and I couldn't resist taking a picture of my beached whale lounging in one of the boxes being shipped. I think he thinks he's "helping" by blending in with the box... I love both of my kitties very dearly and will miss their idiosyncratic ways when the time comes for us to part ways.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home