Very First Project |
The Pandas |

This piece was stitched under the careful supervision of Mrs. Leece at Upper Heyford C.E Primary School.
1992
|

These adorable creatures were created while on holiday in the EU with my Father.
1996
|
Celtic Christmas |
The Pansy Sampler |
This Angel began my addiction to Lavender & Lace patterns. The pattern and supplies were given to me by my Aunt Loraine.
L&L 32 1997
|
This pattern was adapted from Thea Dueck's pattern, on the occasion of my older Sister's wedding. 1997
|
The Ice Angel |
The Serenity Prayer |
After a bit of a challenge, my sister announced they were expecting their first baby. I thought an Angel would be the most appropriate gift.
Since she was due in the winter, this Angel was even more perfect for little Morgan.
L&L 22 2000
|

Designed by D. V. Giampa. Not the most enjoyable piece to stitch, but effective when completed. 2001
|
The Angel of the Morning |
The Angel of Light |

I fell in love with the colour combinations of this Angel. When she was finished, it was clear she was for my little sister.
L&L 53 2002
|

The inspiration to sew this Angel for my Mother came as soon as I saw the little village she was flying over.
It was also chosen by my Mum because of the green robes, which is her favourite colour.
I won 1st place at the village faire with her!
L&L 7 2003
|
Beaded Wedding Sampler |
The Angel of the Sea |

Designed by Needlepoise and was chosen for the wedding of friends while visiting the UK with Evan. 2003
|

Since my first niece was given an Angel at her birth, it was only fair that Paige should receive one too. Because my sister's hair is not blonde,
I felt it more appropriate to stitch this Angel with brown hair.
L&L 37 2003
|
Nantucket Rose |
The Angel of Hope |

Despite not being an Angel, this pattern touched me in a very homely and ancestral kind of way.
L&L 20 2004
|

During the course of my degree, I was inspired to stitch this Angel because she seemed so musical and calming. My favorite colour
also happens to be blue. L&L 13 2005
|
The Lady of the Thread |
In the Arms of an Angel |

This pattern remains a mystery to me. She is supposed to be stitched on black linen, but I stitched her on bright white and added a
treasure braid to the white of her dress.
L&L 3 2005
|

To date, one of my crowning achievements. I stitched her specifically at the request of my sister when I unexpectedly became an Aunt
again to little Ella. After stitching 75% of her, I disliked the colour combinations SO much I tore most of it out and added my own
colours. I mixed her sisters' Angels and Celtic Springs' colours for the final result.
L&L 47 2006
|
The Faith Sampler |
Another Pansy Sampler |

My parents celebrated their 25th Wedding Anniversary in 2005. I modified this pattern to reflect this occasion. I won 1st prize in
the village fair with this pattern in 2006. 2006
|

This sample was modified and stitched one over one for my cousin's wedding. 2006
|
The Angel of Love |
Mother's Tree |

I had not in fact planned to stitch an Angel for my Father, but instead a cope shield. Since that project will take a few years still, this
Angel called out to be stitched. She is 90% beads...
L&L 25 2007
|

I was moved by the sentiment of this pattern. How many times do you find a family tree devoted specifically to the maternal
heritage?
L&L 38 2007
|
The Angel of Freedom |
The Angel of Grace |

This Angel is the second of two that I have now stitched for my Mum. She is the mirror image of the Angel of Light. I had to convince
my Mum to let me stitch her because she feared when the two were hung together they would fly into each other.
L&L 10 2007
|
TBA L&L 15
|
0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home